Monday, November 7, 2016

Trying Something New

In an effort to distract myself from all the chaos, I have been advised by some great friends on some things to do.  Two of those things are to try new things and to spend more time outside.  I combined both yesterday.

I decided to go on a little hike.  There is a Forest Park about 15 minutes away from where I live.  I looked on the park map and saw that there was a spot with a creek.  I wanted to go there.  

Before I left, the Intruder tried to keep me at home.  "Just go lay in bed. You don't feel good enough to go."  I chose not to listen, but I did consider staying home for a time.  

I began my hike and it was quiet and beautiful.  Seeing all the colored leaves, feeling them crunch beneath my feet.  I was eventually interrupted by a phone call I should have never taken.  But I did and it pulled me out of nature and back into stress mode.  I told him it did not ruin my hike, but that was not true.  It had turned my mood slightly sour.  Moral here - leave your phone in the car. 

But I made my way down the path and found my creek with the baby waterfall.  There was a huge rock that I sat on and just listened to the water.  It was a very peaceful place to be.  I decided that I want this to be my special place.  The place I can go to be alone.  Away from anyone who would want to try and bring down my positive energy.  

I would have stayed there longer but the sun was going down and I had a mile long path to walk back and was really hoping I would not get lost.  This was a real concern for a time! 

It is really easy for someone's negative energy to eat away your positive.  Only surround yourself with people who are positive and people you want to be like.  Cut as much of that toxic out of your life as fast as you can.  



Remember to take a picture of yourself and use the hashtag: #PositiveAndPretty

Stay Positive and Pretty!

Suzie

1 comment: